Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Friday, July 30, 2010

What if...

What if I created over 100 blogs...? ... (day dreams)

I want to make a new one already, where people could write in and ask for suggestions about their life, where people could find resources for solving their problems. Not that I have everything figured out yet (obviously)... (thinking some more)

I think it's that I feel really empowered to change my life, and I wish I could share that.

After all of these posts, I really only have 1 part of my daily life figured out - general cleaning and dinners.

I get home, and I pick up my main 3 areas. It now takes me about 5 minutes. Then we do dinner and dishes together. So, I've changed 2 hours of my day.

And I'm a different person. Already it's becoming habit. It's at the point where I don't dread it any more, it's just part of my day. It's like getting up and brushing my teeth.

It didn't always work like that, and I think I figured out why with help from the counselor. She said that we have to do what works for us, literally. Seems simple, but it's not at all. I tend to make big changes that drastically affect our lives, without taking into consideration mine or Mark's lifestyle.

I think it's key to make small changes that actually fit into our lives. And it's so hard to figure out what those changes are until we try them.

The counselor couldn't believe how much happier we seemed - after just 2 weeks of changing our evening routine. The funny thing is that, the point was to just get dinner, dishes, and cleaning done, but it turned into the perfect way to spend time together, and a time to recognize that each one of us was contributing to the household. It made us a better couple in just 2 weeks.

So now I'm working on tweaking other areas of our lives. Already, I've exercised every day this week. It's been tricky, but it is working. I'm not sure I've found the perfect place for exercising in my routine right now, but it's close, and I feel like I have the power to change and adapt to make my life exactly what I want it to be.

No comments: