Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Grocery Store

I'm proud to say that I've made it through my scheduled plans for the day!

They didn't exactly happen on time according to my schedule, but that's ok! They were done, and I feel like I made some progress today.

I did a short grocery shopping this afternoon. My ultimate plan will be to do my shopping on Sunday and get all of the food I need for the week. This will require some meal planning in the next week. I'll be looking up some new, easy recipes to try out.

Shopping can be just miserable sometimes - but I've decided that there are a few things that make it bearable. One is shopping for some new items to make a new meal that I've never made. Two is what I believe to be the key to grocery store survival - music. I listened to music on the way to the store and back. And next time, if I'm really dreading the trip, I'll have to bring my iPod in the store with me and listen while I shop.

After my shopping, I came home and made a little brunch. I whipped it up quickly though, and spilled some raw egg on the counter. I'm convinced that at the exact moment I dropped it (and yelled a very unlady-like swear word), was the exact moment my friend was standing outside our door with some fresh cut flowers for me.

I later found them on our Welcome mat when we went out for our walk. It looked like she dropped them and left in a hurry. Maybe at some point during this quest for life order, I can work on my patience and etiquette.

No comments: