Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Past and Present Me

Every once in a great while, I find a little slice of heaven... when something is right where it's supposed to be at the exact moment I need it.

I call it a gift from my Past self.

Most of my Past Me gifts are more fit for returns. I mean, "You really shouldn't have... left that milk cup on the windowsill for 2 days." But one time the gift was so great that I actually shed tears upon receiving it. I don't quite remember what it was, but it had something to do with a missing set of keys and a Milky Way bar.

The reality is that all I had done was put something back where it was supposed to be to begin with. So, by the time Future Me came around, life (or at least that small piece of it) was in order.

...And it was all as simple as putting a candy bar in my purse on Friday night for a future Monday afternoon snack, and making sure to put my keys on the key hook Sunday evening, so Monday morning I could run out the door.

It inspired me, and now I can't help but think of all the wonderful presents I could lavish on myself, if only Past Me would do something really nice for Future Me in the Present.

No comments: