Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In a Perfect World

In a perfect world, this would be me...

"Ahh, how I simply love a good grocery shopping! Isn't life wonderful?" ...I realize that this woman isn't perfect. If there was a model for this portrait, I'm sure the artist had to draw her smile a little wider and leave out some wrinkles and stray hairs. -Probably had to redraw her eyes to remove a reminiscent, zombie-lake stare too.

But this is what I want, at least in some form or another. I want to be the perfect housewife. This woman probably had the luxury of dedicating her entire life to that job, but my mother and grandmother and women before them didn't have that luxury and still managed to run a beautiful home. It wasn't perfect, but it was close.

In the past, I've tried to "perfect" certain parts of my life. I've said, "I'm going to eat healthier," and I did. I said, "I'm going to keep my house clean for a week." And I did. I said, "I'm going to be more creative," and I took on 30 creative photo projects each night for a month.

The problem was that, while doing each of those things, the other 2 were neglected.

So now I want to take on something bigger. I am going to try to get my life in some kind of order - to a point where I feel fulfilled and satisfied; organized and in control.

No comments: