Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Things That Make Me Feel Loved 2

The other night, I came home and made a simple but nice dinner for us.

While I was getting things ready (in my clean kitchen, yeah!), Mark came in and chatted with me, and we talked about our work days. It was a fun, relaxing dinner-making experience.

Ever since I started this life order plan, I've become an insane cooking/cleaning robot - kind of like the robot maid on the Jetson's... What was her name? Ooh, I remember! Rosie!! Yep, like her. If something gets dirty, I wheel over and clean it.

Side thought: Maybe all I've done is absorb the chaos that used to be in my apartment! It had to go somewhere right?? Isn't that Newton's Law of Motion? Yes, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. No, no, maybe it's more like stored or potential energy. [Using my mind to time-travel back to my high school Physics class, but unfortunately it's the day that we're learning about convex and concave lenses... No use. Well, I'm sure it's applicable on some level or in some metaphorical way but... I'm suddenly distracted by Ben, my cute lab partner... Hmmm...]

Anyway! I know that this turns Mark's world upside down. His things are moved, and his life is all of a sudden being overtaken by me. Sure, it's more organized, but things aren't where he left them.

So, that night, I made dinner and went into general freak-out mode trying to get the main dish finished at the same time as the sides. I finally had everything cooked, ready to eat, and thought, "I didn't set the table! Or get drinks! Or, or... or..." I turned around, and...

The table was set, our drinks ready too, and Mark was standing there with his plate, ready to dig in. That's 2!

I know I'm acting crazy right now... Finding life order is surprisingly hectic, but to turn around and see that not only had he appreciated everything I've done, he even contributed to my ultimate quest for life order!

What it comes down to is, I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know if all of this is my way of coping with loss, or my way of grieving... And if I don't know what I'm doing, he definitely doesn't know what I'm doing. But it didn't matter - he jumped in anyway.

If this was a real quest, back in the days of knights and dragons, and I was a crazy knight, he would most definitely be my loopy sidekick... the one who followed me into the dark, evil forest, who returned with me by his side and said... (Hmm, what would he say?) Probably, "That was a really bad idea..."

No comments: