Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Monday, July 26, 2010

Losing Momentum

So I have to say that as well as things are going, I am slightly losing momentum for this project. The thing is that, it's working right now. I've reached some level of satisfaction in what I was trying to achieve, so my brain is ready to move on to a new project.

I think the only solution is to take on a new part of the plan (maybe the exercise part), though I'm not very inspired by that idea.

The problem is that my life is still far from orderly. In fact, this morning I woke up late and had to implement the 20-minute get-ready plan!

Here are a few tips if you find yourself in the same predicament!
First, try to figure out which morning tasks you can do at the same time as other tasks. Maybe you can condition your hair while washing your face or go to the bathroom while brushing your teeth.

Personally, I tend to brush my teeth while doing lots of things, like picking out my clothes, etc.

It's also absolutely necessary to jump in the shower and wash your hair. If needed, you can skip conditioning, shaving your legs (make sure you have pants to wear), and washing your face and body. It's not ideal, but it'll do in a pinch. I've minimized my shower routine to 5 minutes! And no foul odors! Saves water too!

Skip breakfast (unfortunately). Once at the office, you can sip on coffee or water, or sneak out to grab a quick snack. Plan on buying lunch that day. You most likely won't have time to make a sandwich!

Throw on some clothes... just about anything will do. Today I found myself in the parking lot at work wearing a tank top that fits more like a sports-bra - not exactly work appropriate. Luckily I keep a spare sweatshirt in the car. It will be a little toasty around high Noon when the sun is beaming on the aluminum siding of our office building, but it'll keep Sam in IT from having a hot flash when you bump into him in the hallway sporting some serious cleavage.

If you don't have time to dry your hair, keep a headband or hair ties on hand. A quick pony tail will do. If you have bangs that curl, like I do, you may want to take the extra 2 minutes to blow dry each side of your bangs - just the front, a minute on each side. You may still appear a little frazzled (you will be), but it's better than strolling in looking like a rabid seagull flew into your car and attempted to mate with your forehead.

If needed, freshen up at the office. Throw on some makeup and try to make "frazzled" look "fun". It helps to toss your hair back and laugh or just act busy. Supervisors like that.

No comments: