Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Well-Oiled Machine

It's no secret that I've never exactly been the organized, responsible type. My mom is always quick to remind me of that.
Me: I can't believe this plant I have. It's just thriving!
Mom: Oh, it must be a cactus.

And my husband, who understands how I am and who I am and is wonderful enough to never directly point out my shortcomings...
Mark: You remembered to turn off the AC before leaving this morning!
Me: Of course I did! I have this house running like a well-oiled machine!
Mark: Hmm. What kind of oil are you using?

My life is kind of... a mess most days. At work I'm almost always completely organized, so why can't I approach the rest of my life the same way? I tend to just waltz through the rest, finding quick solutions to any problem, but leaving behind a trail of debris that ultimately leads to... turmoil... ok maybe not turmoil per se, but at least... distress.

No comments: