Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Monday, July 19, 2010

Cleaning & Exercise

Cleaning
So I know I've talked about cleaning mostly so far, but that's because it's my biggest challenge.

This week, I'm implementing a "maintenance" cleaning plan. In the First Draft of my schedule, I had set aside a half hour of cleaning time. I want to stick to that same general schedule.

In that half hour each evening, I'd like to do the following. These are The Main 3 things that will keep my apartment in order for myself and/or unexpected company:
  1. Have my kitchen clean (This can happen as part of dinner/dishes time too.)
  2. Clear off the dining room table/kitchen table
  3. Pick up the living room
I'm hoping that will all take less than a half hour (considering I do this each night). Then maybe 3 nights each week, I add one bigger task to the list.

How about my week looks like this:
Monday - The Main 3
Tuesday - The Main 3 + Dusting
Wednesday - The Main 3
Thursday - The Main 3 + Bathroom Sink & Toilet
Friday - The Main 3
Saturday - The Main 3 + Floors
Sunday - The Main 3 + Shopping/Clean Out Fridge

Week 2 would be:
Monday - The Main 3
Tuesday - The Main 3 + Pick Up Guest Room
Wednesday - The Main 3
Thursday - The Main 3 + Bathtub
Friday - The Main 3
Saturday - The Main 3 + Pick up Bedroom
Sunday - The Main 3 + Shopping/Clean Out Fridge

This is just a start - we'll see how it evolves.

Exercise
The only thing I've figured out about exercising is that it has to be fun. We've had the most success with swimming, walking, and me personally, dancing. I'm a terrible dancer - but music is what inspires me! I love the Wii game - Just Dance, and I love learning dance moves from music videos, or just dancing like a goof with my iPod on. I'm definitely going to be working on exercise this week!

No comments: