Where do I Begin? If you want, you can start with the first post. Once there, read through the blog by clicking "Newer Post".

Monday, August 16, 2010

This Week

This quote came in an email today from Story People:
everybody's dancing in place because they don't want to mess up the house since it just got cleaned

Cute. :-)

Anyway, it was quite the weekend, but I believe I successfully fulfilled all of my wifely, sisterly, daughterly, and auntly duties!

We had 2 BBQ birthday parties... fun-filled days with good food, lots of laughs, and many photo opportunities! I ate cake, played games, and had a grand old time!

Monday hit me like a bus, though, and I'm trying to get back into my routine. I've found that it's easier to pick up where I left off when I have to get back into my work day routine as well.

Since the last time I posted, I've bought some resistance bands for exercising, and the Shakeweight! The wonderful thing about the Shakeweight is that it's a great exercise tool and conversation piece. I worked out with it a lot this weekend much to the delight of my husband, friends, and family! Haha! So I've added some fun and variety to my exercising plan. For someone who's easily bored, it's great to be able to go home and try resistance bands, jump to the Shakeweight, then get on the elliptical machine all while listening to music and catching up on taped TV shows. My mind likes to be busy!

I'm going to officially implement the Quick & Healthy cookbook this week too. Money is tight after 2 birthday parties and a trip home, so I'm only going to make 2-3 meals and hopefully eat leftovers for the the rest of the week. On the menu for this week is: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole and Grilled Salmon with Fruit Salsa. Yum!

I also took TONS of photos this weekend. I'm having a blast making Polaroid-esque photos. I have just a few on the Daily Photo Blog (http://ephotonotes.blogspot.com), but I'm going to take some time tonight to put together an entire Polaroid album of the weekend's events! I also joined a photo group in our community and will be meeting up with them this Tuesday to learn more about framing! I have to make a few prints for the event, and I'm thrilled about it!

I have another busy weekend ahead (though not quite as hectic as this last one), and still want to try to volunteer some time (and some food) at the local humane society.

Though I'm completely exhausted, I'm also completely ready to put in a long week and make sure I do everything I want to do! Surprisingly or maybe not so suprisingly, I'm still in love with doing what I love to do, and it feels great!

No comments: